Daily Thoughts

Uplifting Daily Christian Thoughts

Thursday, January 5

The Revelation

A shiver ran through me I wasn't dressed warmly enough for the damp, night air I sat huddled on the little wooden bench down by the lake. It was an especially dark night, with no moon to reflect upon the still water. Only a few stars flickered between clouds. Shivering again, I tucked my legs up under me. I wasn't sure if the chill was from the cold air or from the despair in my heart.

My problem seemed so much bigger than I was, Our dearly loved teenage son had run away from home. My cheeks were streaked with tears. I had no concept of how long I had been sitting there, crying out to the Lord. "Please reveal yourself to me. I need to feel you near. I need evidence of your presence."

The pine trees rustled gently overhead, moved by an unseen breeze. How I longed for a visible sign, a rustling of his presence, a soft breeze of the Holy Spirit. "Please Lord, just a special little light up in the dark pines then I will know that you are here and that you care." Darkness prevailed. The lake lapped quietly against a piece of rock.

I felt someone approach, lovingly, my other son placed a jacket around my shoulders and then quietly slipped away. Soon, one by one, the house lights went out, and the darkness intensified. I was surrounded by quiet dark and I felt so alone. Finally, cold and discouraged. I uncurled myself from the bench and giving a last longing look over my shoulders up into the pines I climbed the hill and crawled into bed.

Morning arrived all too soon. I was emotionally exhausted. I stumbled into the kitchen going through the motions of fixing breakfast and getting the children off to school. With a heavy heart I began to straighten the house once again asking the Lord to reveal himself.

I was beginning to make the bed, when the phone rang, I heard the familiar voice of a friend say, " I just wanted you to know I Love you and am praying for you." A few minutes later, the phone rang again, " I just wanted to let you know that you have been on my mind lately, Are you alright?" The caller assured me of her love and prayers. All during the day, in phone call after phone call, loving friends offered love, concern and support. That evening, two friends called to say they were coming over to pray with us.

Suddenly I realized the Lord had revealed Himself to me . . . again and again . . . all day long . . . lovingly and tenderly. I was looking for a light in my darkness and He sent more than one. I asked Him to reveal Himself and His love to me in a special way. And He did. Not through night whispers, mysterious rustlings, or glimmers in the treetops, but in a way that I could feel. Through His people. Humbly I bowed my head, thank you Lord. "Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2).

Author Unknown

Source: The Inspired Buffalo, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/the-inspired-buffalo/


Play Amazing Grace

Precious Memories
by Alan Jackson; Price: $9.76 (49% off)
Customer Review: A few decades ago nearly every country singer had at least one--often more--gospel albums in their catalog. Today, aside from gospel veteran Amy Grant, who balances the sacred and secular, and Randy Travis, that concept has long faded. For Alan Jackson, however, treating the musical past as present has been a way of life, as it is with these 15 tim... [read more]



Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home