Daily Thoughts

Uplifting Daily Christian Thoughts

Friday, January 13

Gifts

Persons are gifts of God to me. They are already wrapped. Some beautifully and others less attractively.

Some have been mishandled in the mail; others come "special delivery". Some are loosely wrapped; others are tightly enclosed. But the wrapping is not the gift, and it is important to realize this. It is so easy to make a mistake and to judge the contents by the cover.

Sometimes the gift is opened easily; sometimes the help of another is needed. Perhaps it is because they are afraid or because they have been hurt before and do not want to be hurt again. It could be that they were once opened and then were discarded and now feel more like things rather than persons.

I am a person like everyone else and I too am a gift.

God filled me with a goodness that is only mine. And yet sometimes I am afraid to look inside my own wrapping. Maybe I am afraid that I will be disappointed with what I find and do not trust my own contents. Or perhaps I have never really accepted the gift I am.

Every meeting and sharing between persons is an exchange of gifts. My gift is me; your gift is you. We are gifts to each other.

Author Unknown


Play Amazing Grace

Precious Memories
by Alan Jackson; Price: $9.76 (49% off)
Customer Review: A few decades ago nearly every country singer had at least one--often more--gospel albums in their catalog. Today, aside from gospel veteran Amy Grant, who balances the sacred and secular, and Randy Travis, that concept has long faded. For Alan Jackson, however, treating the musical past as present has been a way of life, as it is with these 15 tim... [read more]



Categories:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home